Reinstalling Apps after Reformat

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ForumViewer, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ForumViewer macrumors member

Hello,

Have a 15" MBP that I just recently completely reformatted. The install of Snow Leopard went fine. But I'm having a problem installing the applications from the second application disc. I pop it in, go through the prompts, and after all is said an done, the installation fails. It doesn't even begin to install it really. Like just before it's about to, it stops.

I've tried restarting the MBP to see if that'd do anything and no dice. Just ran the hardware test and no problems found there either. Any ideas here as to what might be causing this problem?

2. simsaladimbamba

What about copying the installer from the DVD onto the HDD and running it from there?

3. ForumViewer thread starter macrumors member

I tried that as well. :(

4. simsaladimbamba

The copy process finished successfully, but the install still failed?

Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

5. ForumViewer thread starter macrumors member

No it doesn't even get that far. The typical EULA text comes up, asks me where I want to install, prompts for user password, I enter it, hit okay, then it fails. It doesn't begin to copy any files.

6. simsaladimbamba

I am confused, because I asked
    to which you replied
    which made me ask this
    which you did not describe with this reply
    When the DVD is inside your optical disk drive (ODD) and shows up in Finder, can you copy its contents, mainly the iLife installer, to your internal HDD, without running the installer? You can abort the installation process at any time (CMD+Q or CMD+OPTION+ESC).

And what about this?

7. ForumViewer thread starter macrumors member

Apologies. I managed to get the software installed. What I didn't do was install any available software updates from Apple. I tried to install the software off the DVD immediately after I installed the OS. There's a particular software update for Apple installers. After that was done, the installation of iLife proceeded fine. Thank you for your help.

8. simsaladimbamba

Ah, didn't thought of that. Apple bastards. Have a good time creating with iLife then.