Reinstalling Front Row?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by l3lue, Aug 13, 2008.

1. l3lue macrumors member

l3lue

Front Row was giving me problems so I thought I'd reinstall it. I completely deleted it from my hard drive (even the hidden files).

I then d/led it from apple's website but it turns out that's only an update.

Any way I can get Front Row back on my hard drive??

(other than my original CDs, which are lost)

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Surely you have backups?

Or do you have access to another mac and a thumb drive?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Front Row has a small "front-end" application in the Applications folder as well as having a system app.

ill just attach the app and the system app for you seeing as though you own a Mac and therefore own a license of OS X. just place the attached app in your Applications folder "/Applications" and the linked app (too big to attach) goes in the CoreServices folder "/System/Library/Extensions". then just setup Front Row's keyboard shortcut in Keyboard & Mouse preferences.

curious though… how did you loose your restore DVDs? they are very important and are useful in events exactly like this.

sorry this post may have looked different than before… i edited it many times as this is a bit of a head-scratcher.

http://download50.mediafire.com/ouxg3mc9dlyg/0d5l39lxo5v/Front+Row.zip

Attached Files:

4. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

clever. clever.
    the same thing happened to my friend but with ichat. it was completely deleted so i tried to send the package. i got it to her mac, but it presented problems as well. she has a single core macbook while i have a c2d so the install and restore disks didnt work.

to make a long story short, the only thing i would think to do would be to head over to an apple store and see what they can do. from my experience, sending the package isnt completely reliable.

5. nicki macrumors newbie

The exact same thing happened to me but with Mail and I dont have the disks either. I was wondering if you could attatch the system app for me??

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac