Reinstalling Garageband

Discussion in 'macOS' started by keekl, Nov 5, 2011.

1. keekl macrumors regular

keekl

I would like to reinstall garageband~when I got this mac (06) it was Tiger, now it's Leopard~~would I use the old Tiger disks (there are two that came with the system) or the Leopard disk?

I googled around but couldn't get a clear answer, don't want to mess anything up. I must have deleted it long ago because it doesn't show up on my time machine backups. My youngest son wants to tinker with it :rolleyes:

Thanks

2. keekl thread starter macrumors regular

keekl

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...assuming that when you installed 10.5 it was from a retail operating system disc, you would need to install Garageband from the discs that came with the computer (the grey discs). Retail OS discs do *not* come with the iLife apps, only the discs that ship with computers do. If I recall correctly, one of the discs has an installer for the non-OS software (i.e. - iLife), just find and launch that and you should see the option to install what you need....oh yeah!

4. keekl thread starter macrumors regular

keekl

Tiger was already loaded~I read somewhere the gray disc 2 would have the apps on it~think I'll give it a shot.