Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
F

Frozo.

Hello, I've used the search function but I couldn't unfortunately find what I was looking for.

I'm about to reinstall Mavericks on my MBP but instead of going through the initial set up process I would like to stop there and allow my Dad (who's receiving the MBP) to experience the set up.

Once it gets to the set up stage can you just turn off the machine or is there something you have to do?

Thank you :):apple:

Last edited by a moderator:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hello, I've used the search function but I couldn't unfortunately find what I was looking for.

I'm about to reinstall Mavericks on my MBP but instead of going through the initial set up process I would like to stop there and allow my Dad (who's receiving the MBP) to experience the set up.

Once it gets to the set up stage can you just turn off the machine or is there something you have to do?

Thank you :):apple:

Yes, pretty much.

Assuming that your Dad has the internet etc, just erase the Mac. Then when you turn it on it will display the boot options.

Leave it there and if he needs your help ( I'll bet he will ) you can come to the rescue!:)

F

Frozo.

Yes, pretty much.

Assuming that your Dad has the internet etc, just erase the Mac. Then when you turn it on it will display the boot options.

Leave it there and if he needs your help ( I'll bet he will ) you can come to the rescue!:)

Brilliant :)

Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.