Reinstalling iPhoto 09 ,without loosing library.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by okrelayer, Mar 7, 2009.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Hello. I was wondering whats the best option to reinstall iphoto without loosing my library? I have time machine set up if thats easyer.

I have the iLife 09 Install discs, and such.

thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The installation of iPhoto or iLife doesn't move or delete the iPhoto Library in anyway. :confused:

3. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh. then i will just delete iphoto app, and reinstall then. thanks!

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You should be able to just run the installer again just fine without deleting the application first.. What's the problem with iPhoto anyways?

5. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

i am not even sure what was wrong with iPhoto (as it seemed to open normally.) But i ran the app Xslimmer on iPhoto. That app takes out "unneeded" parts of the application, and makes the app have a smaller foot print. However after doing it, i felt that it was probably not the best thing to do. Kind of a placebo thing with me. So i thought it would just be better off to reinstall iPhoto

6. buffe macrumors newbie

Reinstalling iLife

After I installed iLife 09, I started having problems with my iMovie app...suddenly my computer no longer allows me to upload ANY videos, in any format, and it made the ones that were already on my computer inactive. I mean, I actually get an error message that says I do not have permission to upload files. Everything else seems to be working so far with the suite, but this is, obviously, a major glitch in the works.

The tech people at the Apple store want to make me clean off my whole computer and start over but I have far too much data, too many files and smartfiles, to take that chance unless I absolutely MUST. Not to mention the time I don't have to get things back in order should there be a problem with that process.
    Has anyone had this kind of problem before...and what did you do? I'm going to try to reinstall iLife but don't know if it will fix this situation.