Reinstalling Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Marcobzcs1, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Marcobzcs1 macrumors newbie

Ok, a couple of days ago I erased my HDD because it was almost full and my Mac was kinda slow, when I went to the reinstall option in recovery mode when it asked me about my Apple ID it said that "this item is temporarily not available. Try later" and after that I started searching information about this issue in some forums and found no more solution than doing a Bootable USB, after a couple of hours I made a bootable usb and then I used the "hold option while booting" tutorial but surprise it doesn't work, I already reseted the PRAM and it still doesn't work, I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro, thanks in advance to anyone trying to help me solve my problem.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

What kind of backups did you create BEFORE you went and erased the internal drive?

What OS is on the "bootable USB"?

Too late now, but…
    You should have done a "test run" to ascertain that the bootable USB would actually boot and run the MBPro -BEFORE- you re-initialized the internal drive… (sigh)

Final thought…
    This is why I always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS suggest that a user create a fully-bootable cloned backup (using either CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper) BEFORE doing anything to re-initialize an internal drive.
    Having a "backup" created by Time Machine IS NOT ENOUGH.

3. Marcobzcs1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didnt do a backup, so stupid I know. I just saved some games and applications before erasing the HDD on a USB.

I have Yosemite 10.10.1 on the bootable usb.

Can you tell me how to do a "test run"

Also, I have a dvd installer, the one that came with the macbook OS 10.7, I cant use it well, due to "hold option while booting" not working.

Thanks for the reply.

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

To boot from the installer DVD, hold the "c" key at startup.

5. Marcobzcs1 thread starter macrumors newbie

It does the same as "hold Option while booting" it shows the apple logo and the bar loading but it won't finish and then it shows this:
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Also when I'm going to the startup disk option on recovery mode the only thing that appears is the DVDs installer, and when I eject the dvd then nothing appears. And when I select the DVD installer as startup disk nothing happens it just restarts and shows the "forbidden sign" after booting.

Attached Files:

6. Marcobzcs1 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

You have not left yourself with many options. :(
    If you have a 2011 15" or 17" MBP then you might be having a video GPU failure causing issues and you could get Apple to take a look. Their hands-on diagnosis could be a great help.
    https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

8. Marcobzcs1 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I wanted to sell this Mac, how much you guys think it could be selled for?

Macbook Pro Early 2011 13''

2,30 GHz

4GB Ram

320GB HDD

Intel HD 3000
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    And also, what should I get, another Macbook,iMac or a PC, my budget is around 200-300 USD, and selling this MBP could make my budget go up to 500 maybe or 600, suggestions about Macs or PC's pls.

I could wait and see if someone can fix it but I mean the mac is 5 years old and I have or had no plans on upgrading ram or SDD, Im traveling on december to the country where I bought the Mac, probably fixing it could cost more than 100 bucks since i have spilled juice in the keyboard a couple of times (2) or maybe it could be a hardware problem (a lot of dirt inside the mbp).