Reinstalling Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Davaadtron25, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Davaadtron25 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I've had my Mac Mini for a little over two years now, so I think it's time to clear my harddrive and reinstall the OS.

First of all, will I notice any improvement in speed or increase in HDD space from doing this?

What is the best way to go about doing this?
    I have an external drive, so can I use Time Machine to save all of my applications and stuff like that? Will I have to reinstall plugins like flip4mac?

Thanks; I'm a total noob regarding this :p

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I thought about the same thing, however this was when I got mine new 4 weeks ago.

If you're getting Snow leopard, wait. There's no point in clearing it now when you're gonna do it all over again in 3 weeks. Just wait ;)

3. Davaadtron25 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm probably not going to get Snow Leopard any time soon; I'm going to Germany in a week and I don't really have an extra $30 to spend :p

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

LOL. I'm in germany atm xD. Come to Munich, the only Apple Store in Germany ;) And it's empty on weekdays, literally.

You can pop into there and get it, especially when it's gonna be 25€ :p, it ain't too much. There's a lot of service center's here too, so they should all stock it, and believe me, macs are NOT popular here. You go into the Apple store, it's mainly people just playing on the macs, everytime I've been in there, I don't think I've seen any mac being sold, it's always iPods. So there should be no stock problems :p.

Have fun in Germany anyway