Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrkStarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
I have a MacBook and I think I need to reinstall the operating system. I have the original disk and Snow Leopard, but I don't have the disk for Lion. I had to download that. So if I format the hard drive, reinstall the original O/S and upgrade it to Leopard, will I have the option to download Lion again? And for that matter Xcode 4? Both were bought online. How does Apple and the App Store work?

Thanks for the help - D

DrkStarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
I don't want to recover the disk, I want to format it clean and rebuild everything from off of that. How does the App Store work? The computer should know my Apple ID, so will the App Store just see that I'm missing two things on this computer, Lion and Xcode, allowing me to download them again?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I don't want to recover the disk, I want to format it clean and rebuild everything from off of that. How does the App Store work? The computer should know my Apple ID, so will the App Store just see that I'm missing two things on this computer, Lion and Xcode, allowing me to download them again?
Read the links I provided. They answer your question. Yes, you can download it again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.