Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

None Such

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
I tried to do bootcamp and "it half assed it"(the partition) as the mac genius told me. I have 50+GB in limbo. So I have to do a clean install to fix it. Anyone that has had to reinstall Photoshop CS3, what do you recommend? Do I have to call someone at Adobe?

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Just deactivate the current copy. After reinstalling the OS, it should register fine.

None Such

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
Just deactivate the current copy. After reinstalling the OS, it should register fine.

Oh okay, thanks.

Even with telepone activation? They had to give me a serial number over the phone and I had to enter it under "telephone activation" or something like that. thanks again.

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
I'm not sure about Telephone activation, you can get the serial by selecting Help -> System Info. Then if you need to activate over the phone again, just give them that. Should just be able to activate online since you have a serial.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Oh okay, thanks.

Even with telepone activation? They had to give me a serial number over the phone and I had to enter it under "telephone activation" or something like that. thanks again.

Go to Help > Deactivate in Photoshop. This will free up your serial number so when you reinstall, the activation takes immediately and saves you from having to explain what happened to Adobe tech support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.