Reinstalling purchased Cydia apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by willber, May 3, 2010.

1. willber macrumors member

Sooo I had my iphone jailbroken, but then like many people I had to do the dreaded 3.1.3 restore because blackrain gave up on me.

So I have now jailbroken with spirit, and wondering if there is anyway of downloading my paid Cydia apps such as Anyring again without paying a second time?
    I didnt back up with Aptbackup or anything when I was jailbroken on 3.1.2

Thanks!

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yes. Generally there are options within the app / within the settings.app / within Cydia that can do it for you. For example: for lockinfo, you just open it in settings, click buy, then click transfer license and it does it for you. Ringtone shuffle is the same thing. You click on buy now and an option to transfer your license appears.
    Im sure if you login to your amazon / google account when you want to buy an app it will say already purchased.

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

If you purchased through Cydia, your IMEI was recorded and the purchase will be available to that phone regardless.

If you purchased through RYP, you did so under an account and when you log back into the account your licenses and the option to redownload will be available.

Good Luck

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

As long as you are on the same device you should see the "package officially purchased" message on cydia. Be aware that at the moment with Cydia getting slammed the messages are not showing as they normally would.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yeah same device but what I posted above is what I did when I got a different phone. Either way its safe to say to stay away from Cydia for a while.

6. willber thread starter macrumors member

7. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

i was wondering the same thing but after downloading bitesms again it told me i still had the full license.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Same device will say that but if you get a new phone you have to transfer your license. Its REALLY easy in bitesms.

9. MV ROB macrumors member

I have a question along the same lines. I wish to purchase MyWi and RealQuickSMS for my iPhone but I know that I will up grade to the next iPhone. When and if the new iphone can be jailbroken on 4.0 will I be able to just redownload my cydia apps that i have paid for once already? Kind of like apps on itunes? I was also hoping to use the same purchase apps on my other iphone. Are the purchases limited to just that one particular device? I would rather not pay $50 total for these two apps over two devices only to do it again when I upgrade.

Thanks!!

10. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I can say that if you purchase through RYP then it is associated to your account name...not the iPhone. I have purchased all of my apps through RYP and none through Cydia so can only half answer your question.