Reinstalling tiger on iMac G5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tsa1, Jul 7, 2009.

1. tsa1 macrumors regular

So onyx wants to repair my volume disk, and its asking me to put in my tiger disc.

To make a long story short, I moved last year, have NO clue what happened to my tiger disc. Would it be possible to use my friends tiger disc, or even the leopard disc from my MBP? what should i do?

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

If your friends Tiger Disc is for the exact same model as your iMac G5, yes - you can use his/her's disc.

And no you cannot use the disc from your MacBook Pro.

The discs are MACHINE SPECIFIC. They are made to work in only that type of Mac, not any other kind. For example, I can't use the Tiger disc from my 2.16 MacBook Pro on my Unibody MacBook Pro (two different machines).

Also - you can call up Apple, and they will send you Replacement Discs for your Mac for $36 - if it's worth it to you - or you can eBay them (again, be sure you get ones made your exact model).

3. freesonwang macrumors member

If your "friend's Tiger disc" is a retail (non machine specific) copy, yes. Otherwise, your outta luck =(

4. tsa1 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys, yeah he has a C2D whitebook tigerdisc. im going to try to keep searching for that dam disc!