Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardsim7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I installed Vista on my new Macbook Pro using the Boot Camp assistant, however I did something to get rid of error messages and screwed up my activation *cough*.

I can access Vista fine using VMware fusion, my question is: Can I re-install Vista through VMware fusion so it saves me having to reboot all the time (ie: cutting me out of OS X, interrupting what I'm doing)

-Rich-

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
In Fusion you can either run your BootCamp partition in BootCamp or as a virtual machine. The only issue is that it seems to disable Aero even when using BootCamp.

richardsim7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Aero isn't the issue here, how do I restart my virtual machine and boot from disc?

-Rich-

richardsim7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Well I managed to boot from disc (F2)
I installed Vista fine, but when I tried to boot into it it BSOD'd
So I installed it the old fashioned way (boot camp) and that worked fine, but it BSOD'd again when I tried to go in via Boot Camp. This was resolved by deleting the boot camp folder in user/application support/vmware fusion/virtual machines and letting VMware Fusion create the bootcamp thing again :)

-Rich-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.