reinstalling windows?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lewb, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Lewb macrumors member

Hello, could some one tell me if i want to reinstall windows and itunes would i just need to save the music and videos and then once i installed itunes again and plugged iphone in and synced would i lose anything else as i dont really want to keep the back up as it keeps messing up atm. Thanks.

2. Oman macrumors regular

I just did something similar this weekend. I installed a larger HDD in my laptop and reinstaleld everything. When I synched my iPhone, I did not loose any music because I manage my music, I do not let iTunes manage it for me. However, I lost most of my apps, which was easy to reinstalled because they were in the application folder in iTunes. However, I lost all the settings in every application, for example, in my XM app I lost all my favorites, had to re-enter my U/P, In my iCam app I also had to re-enter my U/P. The biggest lost was my recordings in my Recorder app, had various lectures I attended recorded. I also lost all my pictures I had in this Picture Vault App. Overall, I am not too upset about any of it, plus I was finally able to get rid of apps I should have deleted long ago but kept on my phone just in case.

Now I just need to get rid of all the duplications in my Application Folder in iTunes!! :mad: