reinstating Safari 4 loading bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisgpix, May 7, 2009.

1. chrisgpix macrumors member

Hi there,

I've started using the Safari 4 (beta) and like most people can't believe they no longer have a loading progress bar, I've copy and pasted the "fix" link into terminal as suggested, which works on my iMac G5, but my macbook pro won't have a bar of it!...very annoying.:mad:

Any help greatly appreciated!!

2. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Theres a secret tweak menu you can activate that'll have all the little things you can customise Safari

[​IMG]

Right-Click on Safari in your applications window and click on "Show Package Contents" Then just go to "Contents>Resources>English.lpro" and look for a folder called MainMenu.nib. You need to download an alternate version from here and replace it with the original. Make sure you backup first!

Restart the browser and look under "Safari" in the menubar and the tweaks should be there for you to turn on or off!

You can also always download Safari Modifier as well. It does it all for you without having to go through Terminal

3. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That's weird. The terminal thing worked for me.. hm. I was able to get rid of the new version of the tabs too...

Did you try entering the Terminal command by hand?

4. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

It works!!

Hand typing in safari worked!!

cheers