Rejecting a payment on PayPal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jigga Beef, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Jigga Beef macrumors regular

I recently sold my 3GS on ebay. I said in the auction that i would ship internationally. The winner was from Russia. After some research it seems like Russia is not a safe place to send a phone. So i messaged the buyer BEFORE he paid and told him it was my mistake and i wouldn't be shipping the phone so he should not pay.

Of course he paid anyways (a day later so he read the message) and said that they have no shipping troubles in Russia. And on top of that he didn't even include the $20 in shipping i put on the auction.

Also payday is saying his money will not be confirmed until Nov 9th.

can i refund this purchase? I am worried if it hit refund its going to take the money from me since his money is no confirmed.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I would suggest you mail paypal for instructions.

3. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

what ios was it running? what did you get for it?

4. MGTR420 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should be able to issue a refund automatically. If not call PayPal and ask them to refund the payment. Should be a simple process.

5. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

Yeah, definitely get in touch with PayPal. As for why you can't access funds immediately, that's an eBay thing. They won't release funds until 3 days after delivery is confirmed. Sucks, but that's how it is.

6. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

3GS is running iOS 5. Wish i didn't upgrade it on Wed. I just don't have the time diddnt want to fuss with jail breaking and unlocking. I got $199 so essentially paid for my 16gig iPhone 4S.

7. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

Contact paypal... worst case scenario, they file a claim with paypal. They get their money back and you're out of the ebay fees.