Related to Macbook and iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EB66, Mar 10, 2008.

1. EB66 macrumors 6502

I am debating what new computer to get and ive decided no matter what I want to ditch my Powerbook G4....got a couple questions.

Macbook:
    -Can the macbook power 2 20" external displays at full res?
    -Does the integrated graphics slow the computer down at all when you are not playing games? (don't really play games anyway)
    -How does the new 2.4 Macbook compare with the new 2.4 Macbook Pro speedwise? (not hd size or graphics unless they come into play)
    -Does the Macbook and Macbook Pro use the same chips/processor?

iMac:
    -Will a 2.4 Macbook be equally as good of a desktop as the 2.4 iMac given it has an external hd and a cinema display hooked up? (not for gaming wise cause i know graphics cant compare)

thanks guys

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Tech Specs page can answer most of these questions.

I do not believe that any Apple Notebook supports more than one external display.
    Integrated graphics may have problems when powering a large number of pixels, and may have some provlems with videos.
    The MBP and MB use pretty much the same hardware, except for the video card.

The iMac has more cache than the MB, and overall will more than likely be faster than the MB, especially given the speed boost that the discrete video card will give.

TEG