Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Damn, this feels weird. Asking a bunch 'o people on the internet for lovelife advice and strange things like such!

So there's this girl and I kinda like her, I have no idea what she thinks about me. Fortunately I have not received a restraining order yet so she can't hate me right? And I'm probably seeing her on Friday, a second date, for a lovely hike up a nearby mountain, mini-incline!

The other day while smsing her I told her soemthing along the lines of "I can't wait for Friday" and she repled:
You hold me in too high esteem. Seriously. Either that or your life is completely devoid of excitement.

This confuses me in a wasy that only women can. Is it a bad thing, am I doomed for the rest of my life. Please people, assist me ;)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
LOL!! Little comments like that should only ever be made face to face. That could mean any number of things, but I think it's safe to assume she's joking with you :p

I mean, did she say she wasn't going? NO!!

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
It sounded like self-depreciating humor but a word of warning. It sounds like you might be getting too clingy, too fast, and these could be words of warning to lighten up on the relationship thus far. It's only a second date...

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
It does sound like a bit of a warning from her not to be clingy, and maybe a test to show that you actually have a life. I'd make it a point on or before your date (a hike is a good idea, BTW) to show/hint to her that you do have a lot of things going on in your life, as many girls tend to want to be at the top of a long list of priorities, not at the top of a short list. Just be subtle about it! :cool:

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Thats a GREAT idea, I better find some things to say/make up because now, during the holidays, I've been @ home playing FEAR and Need for Speed all day long :p

tringo

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2006
oooh, she sounds a little odd IMHO. I always say stuff like that to my girlfriend and she loves it.

But, if she gets the impression you don't have a life, just show up late, that always works for me. The old play-hard-to-get tactics.;)

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
dynamicv said:
I don't remember there being that many sushi bars in ZA. There was one on Sea Point Road in Cape Town, but that was about it.

There are! Went to one today with my mom, *gag* I hate sushi! Strangely enough the sushi bar was called "Cape Town Fish Market" so there!

tringo said:
oooh, she sounds a little odd IMHO. I always say stuff like that to my girlfriend and she loves it.

But, if she gets the impression you don't have a life, just show up late, that always works for me. The old play-hard-to-get tactics.

^Why does she sound odd, she's just got a great vocabulary! And as before, she's probably being sarcastic-I hope. The actual sentence was: "The anticipation is going to kill me" she probably assumued the anticipation of um, meeting her and not the anticipation of the overall meeting thing!

Guess I will arrive late, keep her on edge!

tobefirst said:
I say if you can just say that to a girl, and she still wants to be with you, then she's a keeper. :)

Yeah, gaming chicks! She's not much into computers so that might provide quite a bit of entertainment.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Thnks again for all the input people!

Jdm_rsx said:
do you guys have any similar interests?

I guess the similarities are there, but I still need to really get to know her.

markleshark said:
Nah, the ones which are keepers are when she goes 'You coming round 2nite?' and you go 'Nah, gonna sit at home on CoD3' and she goes 'Fair Enough'

ROFD, that sounds pretty sick! I'm not such a hardcore gamer and would cringe in fear of that happening!

CorvusCamenarum said:
Never date a woman who can't/won't accept compliments.

Sometimes over-complimenting people can also be bad. I think that's what I've been doing:(

Peterkro said:
You may want to consider taking a Geiger counter with you if you go the Sushi route.

Geiger counter, at a sushi bar? What kind of sushi places do you go to!?

I'll post my 'progress' on Friday after the big day is over and I have settled!

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Never date a woman who can't/won't accept compliments.

That's my rules of engagement also. There's too many fish in the sea to hook up with one with that type of character flaw that quickly.

But, what do I know - I've been married for 25 years and can barely remember dating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.