Relative Mac newbie Sound question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bay2sacto, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bay2sacto macrumors member

Hello,

I'm a relative Mac newbie, I've used them for a while at school, work but my unibody MPB is my first that I have owned. That being said, how does one set the different sounds for OS actions? For example minimizing/restoring windows and the like? My MBP is pretty quiet. Not that I need obnoxious system sounds but have seen some others online with a less shy system. Don't know if this is something done with a 3rd party ap or if it can be done inside of OS X .

Thanx

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Start with System Prefs > Sound > Sound Effects and fiddle about with the various settings there. You can add sounds (.wav or .aiff) to the sound library (but you need to 'pinch' them from other applications) ;).

3. bay2sacto thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I'm on Leopard and when I go to Sound Effects I can choose a specific alert sound but thats it. There is a check box for interface sounds which is checked, but no way to choose individual interface sounds.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

This isn't Windows, where every mouse click triggers a boing or a burble. There may be third-party applications that can add the functionality you're looking for, but it's certainly not doable in the system proper.