relative mbp newb. think mbp is compromised

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teabonesteak, Oct 21, 2014.

1. teabonesteak macrumors regular

Sep 10, 2014
    hi mr.

so yesterday a few hours before midnight, i upgraded my 6+ to 8.1 and updated osx to yosemite. once completed, i logged into all my apple apps (imessage, itunes, etc.) on both mbp and 6+. i also added my amex to apple pay. when checking my apple pay transactions, i noticed two $1 charges from "ms-3ra 12545 riata viata circle austin tx 78727" dba "". according to the time stamp, it states that it occurred at 2am.

i have never had a fraudulent charge on my amex. i am pretty anal about where and how i use it. until now i thought i was good about passwords and try to use strong ones. is it just coincidence that it happened right after upgrading or could i have mistakenly done something to compromise my account?

sorry for such a newb question.. just learning my way around using osx and how to be more secure.
  2. saudor macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2011
    Are you sure those aren't temporary authorizations for apple pay?
  3. teabonesteak thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 10, 2014
    i did a search based on what i quoted above and a number of places were saying that it's a scam. also, if it were temp authorization, i wasnt aware that apple was doing that. from everything i read, apple is not doing any type of temporary authorizations.