Relaunch Finder!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by h3ld3rk1d, Jun 15, 2012.

1. h3ld3rk1d macrumors newbie

Hello people...after an update to my lion, when i shutdown the pc and i turn it on again... an application, Relaunch Finder opens and restat my finder.... theres some way to resolve this?

thnkx

2. thirkej macrumors newbie

I think this is a side effect of installing Simon Barnett's SideEffects software

Do you have nice coloured sidebars in your finder windows?

Is it because you installed SideEffects by Simon Barnett from:

http://macmatrix.blogspot.ch/p/sideeffects.html ?

Simon's program includes two versions. On of these "SideEffects" also installs "Relaunch Finder" the program which is bugging you.

So, options are:

a) Simply stop the Relaunch Finder app from launching each time you login. To do this, run System Preferences, open the Users and Groups pane, click on the Login Items tab. You'll see a list of programs that launch on login. Find Relaunch Finder in the list, select it and click on the - button below to remove Relaunch Finder from the list. It will now not launch automatically on login. This may or may not mean you lose your coloured sidebar icons.

b) Do a) but also trash the Relaunch Finder app out of your applications folder. Then download Simon's software again and run the uninstaller he includes. This definitely removes you coloured sidebars.

c) You can then install SideFX rather than Side Effects. This should give you coloured sidebar icons, but without the relaunches. I'm afraid I don't understand why Simon has two versions, or under which circumstances SideFX will be less successful than SideEffects. Try contacting Simon to find out?

Hope this solves your mystery...

Jestyn

3. Benzman macrumors newbie

Benzman

This worked for me.

Had the same problem as h3ld3rk1d.

But, decided to stay with the mundane icons. So, I just uninstalled and didn't reinstall.

Thanks thirkej!