Release Cycle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cward0715, Sep 29, 2011.

1. cward0715 macrumors regular

So after Tuesday's announcement, what do you think Apple will do for future releases? Would they go back to a June/July release starting in 2012 (making the turn-around 8-9 months) or stick with the early fall release? My speculation is they had some manufacturing delays which prevented a June release this year, and will return to that cycle beginning in 2012. However, the holiday release might prove more lucrative and they could stick with it.

2. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Due to their plans to phase out(rumors) iPods, it looks like iPhones will be released in September/October leaving WWDC strictly for software purposes now.

3. z3r0inc macrumors regular

I agree with you in that they might stick with the holiday release. I have a feeling that they've been trying to get their iPod Touch and iPhone lines brought together for a while to boost up the quarter.

Along that note, something I find interesting are the rumors of the 3g iPod Touch. With the recent rumors, iPhone 5 has very similar form to the iPod Touch. It'll be easier to manufacture and sell concurrently if the iPhone5 and an updated iPod Touch had the same frame. Maybe the iPod Touch could be that iPhone4s that we've been talking about.

4. shandyman Suspended

exactly. it makes sense to release iPhones and iPods at same time, more so if they're actually phasing out the other iPods.

We'll get an idea in March, if we get iOS 6 announcement then, then it's back to June Release.

5. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

iPhones and Ipod touch in the fall before the holidays.

iPad in the spring.

New Macs scattered all around the year.

This keeps the sales and profits up up up!

6. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I agree, iPhones will begin an Autumn release schedule.