release date if new 2009 iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ECSBOGS, Dec 27, 2008.

1. ECSBOGS macrumors newbie

If a new iPhone (such as 32G or nano) is announced at MacWorld in January, how long before it hits the market? I want to get an iPhone (haven't had one yet), but I don't want to invest in one if a new one is coming out in the next couple of months.

New to this...thanks!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Macworld, or whenever a press release is held.

3. ECSBOGS thread starter macrumors newbie

so it would be released right away if announced at macworld?

?

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I hope nothing comes out soon... I just bought my iPhone today!
    But if there is just a 32GB release, I don't mind. :)

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

No idea, sometimes they're released same day, next day, or a few weeks time, can't give a certain timeframe...

We're not gods...

6. pintnight macrumors 6502

7. gjw4u macrumors 6502

8. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

What?

9. ECSBOGS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I was just wondering how long it normally takes products announced at macworld to reach the consumer. Thanks.

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He's, uh... lying, of course.

11. Daveecee macrumors regular

Whew, nice save..

12. kinkster macrumors 6502a

They'll probably be available whenever they're announced or really shortly after, because otherwise they'd kill sales with people waiting for the new ones.

13. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

if it is just an update to the current iPhone, like 32GB choice added - then it will probably be available within a month of the announcement or as early as the same day

if it is a completely new product, like iPhone Nano - then it could be the same as the above... however, whenever the first iPhone was announced the FCC or ATT or something made Apple announce it 6 months before release (i'm not sure if that would still be the case... or if it would simply be considered another model and wouldnt need announced ahead of time)

if it is a completely new revision to the iPhone, like the 3G was - then it will likely be announced and available sometime over the summer (June/July) since Apple has a tendency to update things at the same times each year. (like new iPods are always in August)

14. shield2160 macrumors newbie

New IPhone release date

Does any one relay know the release date for the new IPhone? I heard June 7th of 09 but just rumors. I just lost my ITouch and want to replace it with the IPhone But as was said in previous post "I don't want to get one now if a new one is coming out in a few months"

15. Cander macrumors 6502

Wow. Really? You are asking here if we know the release date of a device Apple hasn't even announced yet?

16. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Well, WWDC 2009 is on June 8th, so people are suspecting that it might be released then. I doubt that it will. I think that a new iPhone will be released in late June or sometime in July.

No one really knows, so you'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, out of all the iPhone threads to ask this question on, why did you choose one from last December?

17. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

<total guess> announced june 8th, released july 3rd.

18. vipergts2207 macrumors 6502a

vipergts2207

My god, people need to get a freaking clue. It's not like this forum has some inside connection to Steve Jobs or something.

19. mjdff macrumors newbie

hey no rumors allowed

lol funny that you don't tolerate rumors and speculation around here but let's see the name of the site is... macrumors!

20. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It's not that this site doesn't tolerate rumors. That's what it is all about but when people ask the same question that has been asked 1000 times in the last month it is irritating.

Use S E A R C H

for example
    here

or
    here

21. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

What?! Today!?

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Lols! A new iPhone is coming out on the eighth of next month.

23. bigchief macrumors 6502a

It's seems there are some here who live for the moment they can scream "USE SEARCH!" or " THIS HAS BEEN ASKED A THOUSAND TIMES!" To me the people who jump down poster's throats for asking questions no matter how many times it's been asked are way more annoying than the poster who asked the question.

No one here knows the facts about what the future holds on the new iphone but they like talking about it. They like giving their opinion about it. It's called MacRumors. If you don't like answering a question, ignore it for crying out loud.