Release Date In-Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dukeie, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dukeie macrumors newbie

Dukeie

Does anyone think there will be non pre order pickups this year? I am on the iPhone upgrade program and all they had around me was Rose Gold 256gb 7+'s :( My last two iPhones were white faced so I wanted to go black or Jet Black this time around.

Aaron

2. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

your best bet is to check online on the day it's released after 11pm to see if you can reserve one in-store. I remember one Apple employee mentioned they receive shipments and update inventory after 11pm of the day they receive them.

3. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I was able to get a black 7+ for in store pickup on 9/16.

4. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

Yeah I will be doing that but I don't mind standing in line if they have it stock! I have done that the last 4 iPhone releases :D So I'm hoping they how some on hand for people with out reservations!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    Lucky!!! I was able to hit the site at 12:03am but none around me had them:/

5. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Just be prepared to get in line way in advance.

I'll be staying the night like I do every year. Power strips, comfy sleeping bag with cushy pad, iPhone, iPad, wifi right there and good company.

6. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

Yeah sadly because of work I have to hit the line at around 8:30pm the 15th. for the 6 plus release I went to the Apple Store at 6:00am the day before the release :D

7. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Damn. Which store?

8. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

9. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Ah, yeah. The SF Bay area stores are always jammed up quick. I was in the Los Gatos line last year for the 6+ release. Showed up at 11am the day before and was like 20th in line. :eek:

10. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

Wow! I live near Sacramento and sadly all of the stores out here are in malls and the security are real sticklers about you can't line up till 6:00 am so of course everyone rushes at the same time and you always have someone doing it an hour earlier and getting away with it:/ so no matter how early you are you don't know what spot you are going to get.

11. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

Even if you reserve one, you still have to wait in a line. When I reserved my 6 in-store at Stanford, I was way out the door in the sun. Took nearly an hour till I got mine.

12. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

13. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

How the heck did u get in store pickup? I have done that every year and now I have no option to get a reservation for att next plan!! I am beyond pissed

14. Dukeie thread starter macrumors newbie

Dukeie

I think its was because i am on the iPhone Upgrade Program.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    Also not sure if it matters but it was done on the iPhone Apple Store App.