release date of 4.0.2 unlock...? predictions?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphone4black, Aug 19, 2010.

  1. iphone4black macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2010
    #1
    do any of you know when or in about how long there will be an unlock for 4.0.2?

    ty
     
  2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

    moussekateer

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    #2
    Unlock? You mean jailbreak? And the answer is never. Wait until 4.1
     
  3. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2010
    #4
    why never?!
    are you serious? my friend bought an iphone yesterday and he is flying back to europe in a week and needs it unlocked.
     
  4. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2006
    #5
    I think the dev-team is too busy to care about one person flying to Europe next week.
     
  5. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2010
    #6
    so how long do you think until the next unlock will come out?
     
  6. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

    famoussasjohn

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    #7
    think he will manage until 4.1 comes out to patch up whatever, and will give time for Comex to jailbreak again...as for 4.0.2..it ain't ever happening!
     
  7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

    moussekateer

    Joined:
    May 12, 2009
    #8
    There's a couple of reasons why it'd be a waste of an exploit. It was a featureless update (it only patched an exploit) and the only people who have it are those who stupidly updated, or in your case got it out of the box. The timing of jailbreak releases are important because the dev team want as many people as possible to jailbreak before the next firmware that will fix the exploit. We're expecting 4.1 next month so there'd be no point releasing a jailbreak for a firmware that will only be around for a month.
     
  8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

    famoussasjohn

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    #9
    whenever 4.1 is finally released, wait for the dev-team to begin working on it to jailbreak it..give em a couple weeks/months and you will have your jailbreak, also gotta wait for them to unlock the phone as well.
     
  9. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    #10
    When? Once 4.1 JB is released. I would expect it to use exploit exist in earlier firmware, like 4.0.2.
     
  10. IBradMac macrumors 68000

    IBradMac

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    Location:
    Ohio
  11. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #12
    1+ on never a real firmware update is in the works so why waste a exploit on firmware that was only released to fix comex exploit. Saurik also patched it so 4.0.2 is a waste. sorry if your on it but I think your just gonna be stuck for a while.
     
  12. IBradMac macrumors 68000

    IBradMac

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    Location:
    Ohio
    #13
    4.1 might get jailbroken if the update from apple is substantial enough.
     
  13. maturola macrumors 68040

    maturola

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #14
    4.0.2 jailbreak/unlock won't happen, you will get JB/unlock on 4.1 (which is already ready and tested for beta 2).
     
  14. nabechu macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2008
    #15
    They're not bothering with 4.0.2, so you have to wait for 4.1 to be release. In other words, not in time to be of any use by your friend.
     
  15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #16
    I agree.
    They wont bother with 4.0.2 just like they didnt bother with 3.1.3
    They will probably release a new JB after the official 4.1 is out.
     
  16. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

    SpaceKitty

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Location:
    Fort Collins Colorado
  17. tctony macrumors 6502a

    tctony

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
  18. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

    Sleazy E

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2009
    Location:
    Disneyland
  19. calvy macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    #20
    since apple is still signing 4.0.1 cant you downgrade a fresh from the store 4.0.2 phone to 4.0.1 then jailbreak and unlock?
     
  20. narimonk macrumors regular

    narimonk

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    #21
    It's no longer being signed.
     
  21. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

    crawfish963

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #22
    Because 4.1 will be out soon and there's no point in worrying about a minor update like 4.0.2.
     
  22. pixelated macrumors 6502a

    pixelated

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2008
    #23
    10 a day right?
     

Share This Page