Release dates, games in development, ARGGHH!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by bamaworks, Feb 21, 2008.

1. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Oh yes, Gears of War 2 Teaser trailer on the Xbox live Marketplace in HD. Too bad they're just starting the hype nearly a full year away. Damn you marketing! damn you! Scheduled for Nov. 2008.

And Fable 2? Yeah, been watching the Lionhead video diaries, once again... anticipated release in late 2008.

At least GTA:IV will be out in late April but I have no good quality games to purchase ATM!

Also, does anyone know if Bethesda is working on a 5th installment of The Elder Scrolls series? BAH!

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

They'll start working on that once Fallout 3 is done.

Seriously mate, don't even begin to think about games like that this early. That way madness lies. Sometimes it's nice to just not look at gaming news for several months, and then be pleasantly surprised when you see a new game hit the shelves.

3. bamaworks thread starter macrumors 6502

You are probably right. Hard not to see those release dates when I turn on my 360 and it's like.... OMFG GOW 2, NOVEMBER '08!111!!!111!1 :)

Other possibly great games with insane/TBA release dates?

Alan Wake
    Halo Wars
    Infinite Undiscovery

Yeah, I'm bored and up an hour before I have to instruct my lab and complaining a bit :).

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Just don't hold your breath for Duke Nukem Forever.

Just... don't.

5. bamaworks thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the game I'm most interested in is Fable 2... of course it has to be the one that probably won't get released till '09.

Duke Nukem Forever eh? I think it is a big joke, pun intended in the title. If they ever release it, I feel they would be outstandingly remiss if it doesn't say "Duke Nukem Forever: 15 Years in the Making"

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Release date hell.... it's the usual. Loads of big games announced most of which slip into the twilight zone and those that do make a release date all hit at the same frickin time meaning you either have to spend a fortune or pick one game over another.

Could be worse though. At least with PS3 & Xbox once a game is released - it's released worldwide within a couple of weeks and often days for everyone.

With the Wii your talking 3 or 4 months to get from Japan to USA and then a further 6 months or more for it to get to Europe... Being stuck in a release hell because you can't play a game everyone else is playing is really annoying.

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

DNF has been released for almost 11 years now. It's just that the only platform it's released for is the 3D Realms servers, which unfortunately are unavailable for sale to the general public.

The game is so good that the people who have access to it have given up work to play it whenever they have a chance, which is unfortunate since it's also their job to port the game to platforms that are available to eventual consumers.