Release day batch of iPhone X's

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Does anyone know if the release day iPhones will all be models that were assembled before Apple relaxed the Face ID specifications, and then blatantly lied about it through public verbal gymnastics?

My wife and I both have preorders set to deliver on launch day, and are hoping to receive two of the few good ones.

Thanks in advance.

applewatch

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal
Does anyone know if the release day iPhones will all be models that were assembled before Apple relaxed the Face ID specifications, and then blatantly lied about it through public verbal gymnastics?

My wife and I both have preorders set to deliver on launch day, and are hoping to receive two of the few good ones.

Thanks in advance.
Even if Apple did relax the tolerance for FaceID, it would be a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009

Thanks in advance.
And how exactly would Apple have lied? They announced specific operating perimeters for Face ID... if they "relaxed" the perimeters there would be repercussions