Release From Windows Penitentiary

AsiaWrite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
On January 7, 2002 I'll take my new 20+K loan down to the Apple Store in Glendale, CA and rid myself of the shackles of Windows, now and forever!

Forget all this "fuzzy" talk about making peace with Redmond, it's time to get serious about holding Microsoft's feet to the fire's of Hades they've stoked for the last 9 years. Show them they CAN be marginalized like they've always feared.

Put some swagger in that Apple logo again! Don't HOPE that your friends will MAYBE like what you've got or getting, show them that Windows machines are outdated, outmoded and that the P4 is tinder for burning overpriced Windows 95/98/2000/XP Resource Kit Books! A 1.2GHz G4/5 against a P4?! Even on specs, it's no contest.

It's time to kick some serious butt! Why not just imprison Windows in Virtual PC 5 and throw away the pain-in-the-behind activation keys!?

It's time to take the battle to them...

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
It the old problem, we have the best computers but try telling that to a pc user!

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Walt Disney Animation Studios
I know.....It will CONTINUE to be the same old problem as well. Im still happy to be in the minority, however. I would just like to see the market share be up in the teens.

I have to admit sometimes, however, that it makes you feel elite walking onto a plane, or into a classroom, and being the only one with a freakin awesome TiBook sitting on the desk/tray. Its the same feeling a gorgous blonde gets walking into a crowded room, or the feeling the owner of a ferarri gets when he pulls up next to the nicest Corvette available. The covette suddenly pales in comparison as the ferarri smokes it off the line.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Your right! A 15-20% market share would be good so there is a bit more security.

groov'

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2001
Netherlands
Re: WOO HOO!

Originally posted by agreenster
And all this from a newbie!
iThink most newbies here are oldies like you.

In the digital world everybody gets a second chance ... even Steve (and WAY BEYOND).

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Yeah, probably. Many people just re-register.

However, I still consider myself a newbie because I havent even been here for a whole month. I registered here in the middle of December of 2001. I just talk too much.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Not GreenstAr

GreenstEr. But thats okay.

Nah, Im striving to be the prodigy of Jeffhatfield......almost 200 posts in 3 or so weeks? Hey, at this rate, Ill be at 1000 by April....
However, his posts were deeper, longer, and more insightful. Im just in it for the paycheck. Ha ha.

AsiaWrite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Release From Windows Penitentiary

Okay... Maybe I wasn't blunt enough....

It's time to POUND Windows. Instead of just making cutie posts about how cool Aqua looks and how much better OS X is compared to Windows, how about SHOWING where Microsoft's bread has been buttered for the last 10 years?

This is not about System 7.5.3, the Mac OS WITHOUT persistant menus (which was a royal pain in the behind until OS 8 came out), this is about how Mac users run rings around their Windows counterparts, about how school systems that go with Windows systems from DELL or COMPAQ are actually buying into higher operating costs, higher maintenance, more downtime, and dumber students. This is about how a G4x2 800 utterly POUNDS a P4 in video and sound apps, not to mention the difference in quality running games like Quake III. All the hype is with console boxes like XBox, when a G4 can outdo the XBox graphically before you even choose a character name.

Each new G4 user should be LAUGHING at how they are able to ace their Windows counterparts. The laughing should start in San Francisco and be audible all the way to Redmond. Anyone who thinks that their old G3 is "just good enough" and doesn't see the need for buying some "new-fangled gadget" is about on a par with the same folks who buy $999 Celeron PCs from Gateway with the 2-year upgrade option (not including people who cannot afford the $$$ - different story there...)

More ranting and raving...? I'll leave you with this tidbit...

When Windows XP came out, it debuted with a 3-year old Madonna song. One commercial shows a guy flying around the inside of a pretty brick building. Old music, Old buildings... old EVERYTHING!

Does anyone know what building that was filmed in? It is the Bradbury Building in downtown Los Angeles on 3rd Street. This is where Blade Runner WAS filmed, but now it is the current home to LAPD Internal Affairs Division!

One more "last note"....
Microsoft used to have their own version of UNIX, called XENIX...