Release time period

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DashSatan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

After a MacBook is announced at WWDC, how long till we see it on shelves? (in the past) I'm saving up for the new pro, and I'm just wondering after (if) its announce how long is the wait till shelf usually?

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

This has been discussed many times lol.

Most are predicting that it'll be available for order a few hours after the announcement, and that it'll be in stores either the day after the announcement or within the week.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

MBPs are usually released to the online store the same day as announcement. I expect that they'll be available at retail shortly afterwards.

4. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow I had no idea it was that soon. How come it's so quick for the macs but a couple weeks or so for iPad/iPhone?

5. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

There are more people buying iPads and iPhones, so they need more time to fulfill all of the orders.

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Demand. Lot more people looking to drop $200 on a phone rather than $2k on a laptop.

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

In some cases they have them in the store the day after they are announced. It just depends on Apple. I always call & check. It can pay off if you need it right away.

Because I always buy Built To Order, it's an online order for me. Yet even at that, if Apple has the upgrades I select, there's been twice I've received my MBP order within just four days.