Relentless iPhone 3G problems...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crunch, Aug 30, 2008.

?

Relentless iPhone 3G problems...Please cast your vote.

1. I'm experiencing problems with my iPhone 3G

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. I do not have any problems with my iPhone 3G

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. I sold/returned my iPhone 3G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crunch macrumors 6502

Crunch

So I am on my 2nd iPhone 3G, and while its screen and the multimedia aspects of the device are impressive, there is a whole host of people who are suffering from dropped calls, poor hand-offs between 3G and 2G, and the device continues to respond poorly. All this, even after the latest firmware, 2.0.2, which was supposed to alleviate these problems, has not produced the promised bug fixes.

T-Mobile NL has come out publicly and put the blame solely on Apple for its own disgruntled customer base. Personally, I find myself using my Blackberry more and more again due to the constant problems with the device.

"Jobs' 2%"? I am starting to doubt that it's only 2% of the now over one million devices sold worldwide.

Please vote in this poll, and also state as to the nature of the problems that you are experiencing.

2. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

My 3g is great. There's a few bugs but overall I feel it is well worth my money.

3. ttech10 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 3G works fine. When my friends phone (with AT&T also, not an iPhone) is connected to 3G service we each have the same amount of bars and even when I have 1-2 bars I have fine call quality with no drops and no delay in sending/receiving messages.

Other than the few bugs (mainly caused by apps) I've had it's worked perfectly fine.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

A couple dropped calls, but what hell, I had Sprint for 10 years with "No Service and 10X as many dropped calls." LOL :p

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Really, this is a rehash of stuff that we've been talking about ad naseum. The prevailing opinion seems to be:

3G issues: Update to 2.0.2 and strongly encourage others to do so. teaching your iPhone to not be a bandwidth hog helps everyone (even the non iPhone users who have to share the network with us).

Hardware issues: Get an exchange. If the exchanges look bad, try a different store with another (hopefully better) batch. or go directly through Apple over the phone.

Software issues: Hope that when Apple says 2.1 will be out in September, they mean the first half of September.

7. donm3ga macrumors member

I have the usual issues that everyone else has. At the end of the day though I am happy with my iPhone and will most likely buy every iPhone from now until there is something better. You learn to accept and deal with the problems.