Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Most of them are back and forth. There are a few on craigslist but not sure if they can be trusted. Just got the 5s for my wife and she's travelling soon.

I used to deal with one company and now they seem to have stopped responding. Reading the threads it looks like its much harder now.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I know what you are saying. The story goes, My dad calls me and says his iphone 4s broke, so I took my wife's iPhone 5 and sent it to him with the promise that I'll get her the 5s on my line. She is travelling in the next few days and I was positive that the unlock would be like the good ol' days to a surprise.

I already paid one of my trusted vendors 39 bucks and haven't heard back. I called a few on cg and one person quoted me 89 bucks with 10 days of wait. There are still a few on ebay. don't know which way to lean. There is a long thread on experiences and that does not look positive. Lets see how it goes.

Its just bad timing. :(

dawizard

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
In the same boat....trying to find some reliable provider...no luck or recommendations so far

Please PM me if you have tried some service out that you would recommend!

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
In the same boat....trying to find some reliable provider...no luck or recommendations so far

Please PM me if you have tried some service out that you would recommend!

I sure will. If mine will go through, I'll send you towards the person. But I honestly think all of them are in the same boat or go through the same channel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.