Reliable FM Transmitter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by yodinyer, May 22, 2008.

1. yodinyer macrumors newbie

I've had a few experiences with FM transmitters, and I know a lot of them are available at various prices and that performance varies a lot on conditions. But I was wondering what you all found to be the best FM transmitter to pair with the iPod touch. I did have a Belkin FM Transmitter a while back, and I'd found a forum write-up on how to boost it's performance by wiring a foot of speaker wire in with the transmitter's internal antenna to make it pretty reliable. The installation wasn't incredibly difficult but I'd rather not do it again, so I was hoping there was a good reliable transmitter currently on the market that worked well without modifications. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time and any replies would be much appreciated.

2. Roy Hell macrumors newbie

As you say conditions change everyones experience. I would however suggest you try the iTrip, I live and travel in central London doing battle with pirate stations and although it takes a bit of re-tuning I'd say the sound quality was as good as you could every hope for without being hard wired. It was also pretty cheap.