Reliable, Mac Friendly, Exchange Hosting Service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iron Chef, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Iron Chef macrumors member

I've decided to get a refund on MobileMe. However, I still require PUSH functionality, and TRUE push to and from my desktop as well. Anyone know of any good hosted exchange services that are Apple friendly and will push to and from ical, mail, address book via iphone and macbook instantly?

Any recommendations would be helpful.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You won't be able to use iCal/Address Book with non Mobile Me Exchange services until 10.6.

3. Iron Chef thread starter macrumors member

Good to know. Currently, are there any 3rd party programs for 10.5 that work with exchange? I don't necessarily need ical or address book, moreso something that will be compatible with exchange and push to my calendar and contacts on my iphone as well.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Microsoft Entourage, which is part of Office. For Office 2008 you will need the standard edition or special media edition as the others don't have Exchange support.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

6. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I'm on SherWeb, and I setup Mail to use it yesterday; I can check and send mail with Mail, but it isn't syncing my inbox/folders like it should and does with Entourage. As for iCal and Contacts, haven't looked into it, but I'm pretty sure that's a negative. But it works great on my phone, and Outlook Web Access, which also works great

7. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I think mac mail is only imap or pop3. So no push not even with mobile me.