Reliable Online "Outlet"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Briview, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Briview macrumors regular

Hello friends,

I know there was a fraudulent Apple retailers thread that has been stickied (all the way from 2004) but I came across this site: http://stores.appleoutletsale.com/StoreFront.bok

I wanted to see what you think. Prices are really cheap, of course mostly from refurbished items, but the case also comes that they seem to have an e-commerce system that backs them up and also a fairly credible privacy policy and disclaimer (which they could have also just copied right off of another site). Any ideas?

Thanks for your input.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Site appears to be built using Intuit's stuff -- likely a small outfit at best, perhaps a garage seller.

Couldn't find them on Resellerratings.com -- that'd make me nervous right there.

Domain was created on 14 August 2010 according to a Whois lookup at whois.tucows.com -- that'd also make me nervous.

Domain contact address is 1750 Occidental Avenue South
    seattle, WA 98134 -- Google Maps shows it looking like a warehouse district. Makes me even more nervous.

The four factors together? I'd take a pass on anything costing more money than I could afford to lose.

3. Briview thread starter macrumors regular

All seem very logical. Thanks for your analysis on the situation.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

They provide zero information about themselves or privacy or anything else. Don't waste your time; even scammers can go through Intuit's websites. They are offering ne iphone 4G, 32Gb unlocked for $495, which is an indication of either a scam or stolen equipment.

Stick to legit retailers that have a history of taking care of customers. Don't even think of trying any site that cannot be found on resellerratings.com.