Reliable router needed Mac and PC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mcmullen413, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mcmullen413 macrumors newbie

I have a home-based business that is very dependent on my internet connection. I currently have cable wired to my Mac Pro. I recently bought a PC and would like to have wired internet to that also. They sit next to each other in my office so the wires aren't a problem. I'm looking for a router that will be compatible with both the Mac and PC. I need something that is very reliable and allows for the fastest connection possible. Can anyone recommend a specific router? :confused: Thank you in advance for any advice.

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I recommend the Airport Extreme. It has a Gigabit ethernet (fastest available) and 802.11n wireless (again, fastest available).

But, IMO, what makes it so great is that the setup and upkeep are so easy. I've always considered networking my technological kryptonite but even I'm able to keep my wireless network based on AE running.

3. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

4. cmturner2 macrumors member

cmturner2

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Not a bad read. I would stay away from Netgear though. If you read reviews on Amazon, they have a high failure rate after several months of perfect operation. Netgear refused to acknowledge the problem.