Reliable scanner all in one printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by velocityg4, Aug 13, 2015.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I'm looking for recommendations on a sub $300 inkjet multifunction printer. As the title suggests I'm primarily interested in reliable scanning to Mac's. The problem seems to be the same with the different models I try. You get them setup but no matter what the scanner will not reliably scan to the Mac via the printers control panel. Only directly initiating the scan from the Mac is reliable.

This has been a problem as long as I can remember with Macs and network scanners. But I have a client needing a recommendation and I can't recommend one. In my experience every single brand is garbage when it comes to initiating a scan from the printers interface to a Mac. Although any sort of file sharing on Mac seems to be unreliable if you don't punch in the Mac's IP address rather than using network discovery.

I'm looking for one where the scanning is 99.99% reliable when initiated from the control panel over a network. The only scanner I have ever known to be reliable is a $3,000+ Toshiba workgroup printer/scanner/copier.

I know HP scanning is unreliable garbage.

2. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

You say inkjet...but I just installed a Samsung C460W laserjet and scanning from the control panel worked flawlessly, and this with the device connected wirelessly.