Relief from the iTUNES Store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by roweathers, May 20, 2008.

1. roweathers macrumors newbie

Anyone had any luck getting the iTUNES store to let you download your purchased songs from them again? I lost both my HD and my songs on my iTOUCH in a span of one week. 700+ songs, gone, no backup anywhere...

Any advice on working with the iTUNES Store on this matter would be appreciated.

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

:( sad, sad. You could email Apple, but I am pretty sure they have a very strict policy about redownloading. Have you looked into HD recovery?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

And this is why you need to back up your files.

Contact them through the "report a problem" section of your previous purchases in the iTunes store. Explain your problem and they'll let you redownload everything ONCE. Do it again, though, and it's just money lost. If you had anything that wasn't from the iTunes store, though, you'll have to re-import all of that again.

4. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Cool, I didn't know they'd let you, that's nice of Apple :)

5. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

yeah, try calling apple. I know of a guy who basically destroyed the folder w/ all of his itunes music (atleast $60 of music). He called the customer support and he was allowed to re-download all the lost songs.

6. Resist macrumors 68030

And this is why buying music in CD's is so much better. You can't beat owning a hard copy, unless you break the CD.

7. roweathers thread starter macrumors newbie

HD is in recovery co, but not much hope

Yep, the HD is in CA right now trying to be salvaged... not much hope offered.