Reloading DetailView from PopOver

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by vanipriya, Mar 5, 2011.

1. vanipriya macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've a navigation based app for ipad. The rootview controller has a list of sections, which on clicking loads a webview on to a DetailView. I've a toolbar with a button that has a popover which loads the rootviewcontroller. I would like the detailview to reload based on the value selected on the popover. this is similar to a splitview's popover. Can anybody help me in adding that piece of code to reload the detailview after a popover selection?

Thanks.

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

You can use the didSelectRowAtIndex (if ur popover has a tableview).
    Or just make UIButtons. and then put actions behind these, when clicked, do something, like load an URL page. Or use NSNotifications or something.

3. vanipriya thread starter macrumors newbie

Let me repharse what my problem is..
    I've a rootviewcontroller obviously with rows and sections. I click on a row and then it pushes to a detailview which has a UIwebview showing a page.

I also have a UIBarButtonItem which has a popover which loads the RootViewController again. When I click on the item here, the detailview doesn't reload.. Whats the extra piece of code I've to include in DetailViewController to reload it when the section selected on RootViewController from the popover changes.

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

err, ur loading ur rootviewController inside ur popoverview?
    So ur initing the NIB inside the popover?
    have u checked if it's properly loading the view etc?