Remap Apple Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RossMc, Aug 3, 2011.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I have just received the Apple Wireless Keyboard today, Just wondering is it possible to remap the keys which have no use with the iPad 2 to perform specific iPad functions such as going back to the home screen or open Safari etc?

If not I wish Apple would do something to allow you to do this on the iPad as I know they said they recommend using the Apple Wireless Keyboard with the iPad 2 which is why they did not release the Keyboard dock for the iPad 2 but it would improve the user experience if we could use iPad specific functions with the Wireless Keyboard.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

i doubt it. if you find a way, please let us know. i love everything about the keyboard, except the inability to type a straight line macron above vowels (alt + a in osx). i don't know why apple maps the keyboard differently for the ipad.

3. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah I will do, Found nothing searching around so far though.

I find it pretty bad that the simple keyboard shortcuts do not work for the iPad version of pages such as CMD + B for Bold and CMD + U for underline etc. Unless I am missing something? But when I tried they did not work and I had to go into the inspector and check/uncheck them instead of using the Keyboard.