Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veil

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Howdy

I just bought a new Apple Wireless Keyboard, which is great so far. I'm using it on my Windows XP pc though, because I wanted it to have the same keys as on my MacBook.

Everythings works fine, apart from the delete key, which is obviously not there. So Fn+backspace won't work. The Fn key doesn't work in Windows, and so far all the remapping apps I tried using didn't recognize the Fn or Eject key.

What I'd like to do is use the Eject key as Delete, and the Fn key as another ctrl.

Anyone here using this keyboard on a Windows PC who has an idea how to fix this? Thanks!

empire29

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
Did you ever find a solution to this? I really want to map my BT Apple Keyboard's Eject key to "Delete" but i cant find any key mapping programs that will allow me to do this... Im currently mapping the Right-Command key to be delete. bleh.

Veil

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Did you ever find a solution to this? I really want to map my BT Apple Keyboard's Eject key to "Delete" but i cant find any key mapping programs that will allow me to do this... Im currently mapping the Right-Command key to be delete. bleh.

I found a way to remap the Fn key using AutoHotKey, and described it here:

http://yotz.mine.nu/fnkey/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.