Remap Keyboard in BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BrownPlopz, May 28, 2008.

1. BrownPlopz macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I just have a quick question about Boot Camp.
    Is there any way that I can remap my keyboard ONLY when I'm in BootCamp, so that it's like I'm actually on a PC? By this, I just mean that Command = Alt / Option, Alt / Option = the Windows logo key, and Control stays the same? If so, please tell me how, as it's really annoying while gaming, seeing as the games are formatted for a regular PC keyboard. Thanks.

2. BrownPlopz thread starter macrumors regular

Can anybody help me with this problem? Is there really NO solution to this, or will I just have to go out there and buy a PC keyboard? Thanks.

3. kunzie macrumors newbie

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I know this is a ridiculously dead thread, but I wanted to revitalize it just a bit to say that this program is fantastic. I use Vista through bootcamp but am constantly getting frustrated when trying to copy and paste and save by using the command key instead of the control key. This program let me redo it to follow the OSX style keys. Thanks for the info. :)

5. CrazyLexx macrumors newbie

Why not build your own customized keyboard layout? Microsoft provides a nice tool for this:

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

It allows you to choose an exisiting keyboard layout as a template which you can than edit to your liking.