General Remember the good old days of jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tymaster50, Feb 5, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

When you could jailbreak straight from your phone and there were little to no compatibility issues? And every release didn't clog up the servers? Good times... good times.

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

what? a lot of people getting on cydia in excitement is no real issue...everything's pretty good at cydia today (day TWO).

meanwhile, this was an insanely-easy jailbreak, and (for me, anyway) one of the most trouble-free)...

3. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Oh boo hoo so you have to plug it into your computer. If you wanna jailbreak without a computer then find a bug in safari.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. dinggus macrumors 65816

That's only happened 3 times.

iOS 1.1.1 - 2007
    iOS 4.0.1 - 2010
    iOS 4.3-4.3.3 - 2011

I don't see why you're complaining. You act like 5 minutes of your time is that important. Plug in iOS device, click jailbreak, press jailbreak icon on iOS, unplug.

If you think 2011 is old days, then I don't know what to tell you.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Jailbreaking through the web rarely happens, and that actually happened more so in the middle of jailbreaking rather than "the good ole days"

There really aren't many compatibility issues pertinent to this release, there are bound to always be compatibility issues as technology moves forward, as there are every year.

You should view the server traffic as a demonstration of the popularity of iOS and the jailbreak, and how this will mean more demand for better tweaks and more Cydia packages! For the record, Cydia has been very responsive as of this evening, and it's barely been 24 hours.

7. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

We should just be thankful that theres a Jailbreak for iPhone 5s. Although theres some few bugs that needs to be corrected, Im thankful for the Evasi0n team providing us their every bit of hard work.

8. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

If anything, it's gotten easier. I jailbroke my phone a day after the evasion release and pretty much everything I use is ready to go. Back in the days of my iPhone EDGE and "iPhone OS" days it was a mess. These one-step apps that encompass all makes and models...they're quite impressive. No DFU mode, no nothing. The recent jailbreaks get thumbs up from me to be certain.

9. acorntoy macrumors 65816

I actually prefer jailbreaks that require DFU mode. I feel like they help first time jailbreakers know the basics of what to do if they get stuck in a boot loop or something that makes it unable to restore otherwise and cuts down on amount of spam.

Though I have to admit this hold volume up to boot into safe mode is pretty handy and would have saved me quite a few times in the past.

10. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Oh good god... :eek:

I WAS TRYING TO FORGET THOSE NIGHTMARES! :(

11. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

I never remember I could jailbreak my 3G on the phone lol.

Well, I do remember having the jb and how long the process would take. There was several bootups and it was pretty "raw".

12. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm not complaining I'm just reminiscing. The os'es used to be jailbroken publicly within the month lmao.