Remember when Jobs didn't want the everywhere?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kmj2318, Sep 24, 2014.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I like the Thing naming, except for I wonder if it would cause them to overuse the Apple logo. Jobs wanted to keep the logo like Micky Mouse– there's never a place where there are more than one Micky around, to keep the fantasy alive. I guess this won't have any effect on the actual products, but the Apple logo is just everywhere. I can't believe that theres actually another Apple logo right below another one like that.

I guess it's not that unusual in fashion. Louis Vuitton and Gucci make patterns out of their logo and plaster it everywhere.

[​IMG]

2. cariacou macrumors 6502a

cariacou

haha I agree with you. I still prefer Apple Watch instead of "iwatch" though

3. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Because it hasn't happened under Steve Jobs in the past...

Attached Files:

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

STEVE JOBS WOULD HAVE NEVER LET THIS -- oh.

;)

5. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

on their webpages, of course it'll be there, but on their products, theres only one on their products,

6. Rogifan, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

And why should we care about this? I think I trust the people who are at Apple now (including former or fashion industry executives) over a dead man.

7. mtmac macrumors regular

Steve Jobs was a great man, and will always be remembered as an innovator. However, the past few years, his corpse has failed to innovate anything. Be happy Apple is a forward thinking company, unhindered by speculation of what a dead man would do.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....but it does seem to disprove of many things Apple does.:D

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

God forbid, the American automotive industry would have completely given up and stopped producing/innovating automobiles upon the death of Henry Ford.

10. mtmac macrumors regular

From all the posts like these, I think I should produce some "WWSD" bracelets. If you or employees of Apple get inspiration from Jobs, that's a good thing as inspiration is always a good thing. However the baton has passed and now the better question for Apple designers is "what is good for our customers?"