Remember when Jobs didn't want the everywhere?

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I like the Thing naming, except for I wonder if it would cause them to overuse the Apple logo. Jobs wanted to keep the logo like Micky Mouse– there's never a place where there are more than one Micky around, to keep the fantasy alive. I guess this won't have any effect on the actual products, but the Apple logo is just everywhere. I can't believe that theres actually another Apple logo right below another one like that.

I guess it's not that unusual in fashion. Louis Vuitton and Gucci make patterns out of their logo and plaster it everywhere.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I like the Thing naming, except for I wonder if it would cause them to overuse the Apple logo. Jobs wanted to keep the logo like Micky Mouse– there's never a place where there are more than one Micky around, to keep the fantasy alive. I guess this won't have any effect on the actual products, but the Apple logo is just everywhere. I can't believe that theres actually another Apple logo right below another one like that.

I guess it's not that unusual in fashion. Louis Vuitton and Gucci make patterns out of their logo and plaster it everywhere.

haha I agree with you. I still prefer Apple Watch instead of "iwatch" though

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
And why should we care about this? I think I trust the people who are at Apple now (including former or fashion industry executives) over a dead man.

Last edited:

mtmac

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Steve Jobs was a great man, and will always be remembered as an innovator. However, the past few years, his corpse has failed to innovate anything. Be happy Apple is a forward thinking company, unhindered by speculation of what a dead man would do.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Steve Jobs was a great man, and will always be remembered as an innovator. However, the past few years, his corpse has failed to innovate anything.....
....but it does seem to disprove of many things Apple does.:D

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
Steve Jobs was a great man, and will always be remembered as an innovator. However, the past few years, his corpse has failed to innovate anything. Be happy Apple is a forward thinking company, unhindered by speculation of what a dead man would do.
God forbid, the American automotive industry would have completely given up and stopped producing/innovating automobiles upon the death of Henry Ford.

mtmac

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
From all the posts like these, I think I should produce some "WWSD" bracelets. If you or employees of Apple get inspiration from Jobs, that's a good thing as inspiration is always a good thing. However the baton has passed and now the better question for Apple designers is "what is good for our customers?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.