Remembering the first time I stayed up to preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eagleglen, Sep 8, 2016.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I've preordered every iPhone since the 4. That first time was probably the most stressful. It took a couple hours to get logged onto the Apple Store site and then the white version of the phone which had been announced was not available. I was so frustrated and disappointed. I settled one the black version and by the time the it arrived on launch day, I was more than happy. Another time I was on vacation in Mexico and I waited in the hotel bar that had wifi to place my order. It's become an annual ritual, although I've also done it now for iPads and the Apple Watch. Anyone else have fond memories of this time of year?

T-minus 15 minutes....

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Same here.. been pre ordering since iPhone 4 (3G was bought in store).

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Absolutely. Like you, I'm a bit of a tech junky and love being the guinea pig for new devices. It's not very often that Apple disappoints me, which is why I love doing it.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I wouldn't say fond memories, I have good and bad. Ordering the 6 in the first 30 seconds but not getting it until a week late from At&t taught me to order through apple. It is exciting though.

5. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I've either waited in line on launch day or pre-ordered all the early hard drive iPods and every iPhone except the 5s.

It used to really be a thing. Not so much over a decade later.

6. DerfBWH macrumors regular

Same boat! First time I pre-ordered was my 4S, bought my original iPhone and my iPhone 3GS by just walking into the store on launch day. More stressful experience was definitely my iPhone 5s, which didn't actually have pre-orders. Drove to my Apple Store at 3am, stood in line exhausted and cranky for hours. Just barely lucked out and got a phone, and the one I wanted, too.

7. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I've never done it until now. Usually I play the iPhone lottery and try to find it for in store pickup. But now that subsidized pricing is a thing of the past and I don't have to wait for a contract to be up....here I am about to order it for launch day :)

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

9. justlanglang macrumors newbie

Good luck to all. Hope we all get what we want.