Remembering user name and password on login field.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Simgar988, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I'm in college and in order to use my campus wifi I have to log in EVERY time. It's one of those that pop up infront of the actual website. Is there a cydia app or an app at all that will keep me logged in? Thanks

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Check out 1Password in the App Store. It's $5 and I'm not 100% sure it will work with connecting to WiFi, but I know somebody that uses it for web passwords and loves it.

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Are you using 3.0? I thought this was a feature of 3.0 now:
    If that's not working properly I'll be annoyed as well when I go back to school next week. :)

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I haven't tried connecting to a school network since I graduated a couple years ago, but my home network with WEP encryption key connects automatically. I think it's just school/work networks where you have an individual username and password that need to be entered in every time.

To the OP, I also found AutoWiFi. Apparently doesn't work flawlessly with 3.0 yet, but still works better then typing in your username and password every time. There's a Lite version in the AppStore so you can try it to see if it works before purchasing.

5. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Another option is Easy Wi-fi. I've used it for a while with T-Mobile hotspot and it works great. It's also free right now, so definitely check it out.

There are 3 different versions. Easy Wi-fi, Easy Wi-fi for ATT Phones and Easy Wi-fi for T-Mobile (US). I have the regular Easy Wi-fi and I'm on T-Mobile. Not sure what the difference is, but it works fine for me.

6. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

This is the issue