iPhone Remind Me Later and Send a Message Features !!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by fhd4, Sep 23, 2012.

1. fhd4 macrumors member

Is there a way to use this feature without declining the call by only putting the call on silent ?

And can I use both, sending a message and to be reminded later ?

2. fhd4 thread starter macrumors member

3. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

I don't under stand what you are asking it to do?

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'm not sure I follow your point....are you looking to answer the call still? When you decline it goes right to voice mail. What do you wish to happen?

5. fhd4 thread starter macrumors member

I do not use voice mail ... So declining a call will send a busy tone to the caller which unpolite ... I prefer if the feature will act like silenting the ring instead while sending a message and remind me later too...

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

To do that just press the volume down button on the side of your phone one time. Stops the ringing but does not send the call to voice mail. In your case, I'm not sure where the call will go as I've never not set up a VM Box. My guess is it will tell the caller you're VM hasn't been set up. At least is does that on AT&T for me.

7. flashflooder macrumors regular

This does not allow the user to utilize the features discussed, it merely silences the ringer (which can also be done by clicking the power button once).

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I guess he has to set up his voice mail then otherwise you can't use the text message feature. Personally, I don't know why people don't set up VM's as not being able to leave a message is more rude than a fast busy signal.

9. Jashmid macrumors regular

Good question. I don't think you can use the feature AND put on silent, instead of hanging up.

Same for your second question. You can't use both. Would be a nice addition though. If I had a penny for every "I'll call you later" promise I've ever made... :D

10. RAWphenom macrumors member

You could always, I don't know, set up a voicemail?

11. fhd4 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies...

I hope Apple will look into this...