Reminder app (repeating alerts)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twisted-pixel, Aug 5, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

Hi,

on my old 3GS I used to have an app called Reminder (or maybe RemindMe)...I have now JB my iPhone 4 and can't find this app anymore.

essentially, it used to repeat alerts, so for exmaple you could repeat your SMS tone for a recieved SMS every 5 mins for 30 mins until read.

the idea being if you were in the garden etc, and you didn't hear your phone go off, you would get a reminder every 5 mins etc. you could set this internval and length etc and for which sounds.

does anyone know what happened to this app? or know of an alternative? I'm fairly sure Notifier doesn't do the same thing as I tried it once.

2. kimtyson macrumors member

Try iWife. Works like a charm. Nags you till you get it done.

3. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

lmao

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

it shows up as reminder when you install it, but its part of Notifier, which isnt working on my IP4.

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

download status notifier fix from cydia...notifier and reminder are included in that package and all work on iOS4 and iPhone 4

6. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

trying this right now, thanks, i didnt know it worked with Notifier, just Status notifier.

Edit, this wants me to install winterboard and such....why is winterboard required?

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

you dont really need winterboard but it has a theme in it for nicer icons I think and thats about it

8. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

ahh, soo how do i remove it from the list? ive always wondered if that was possible.

As in, how do i remove it from the required list when i try to install status notifier fix.

9. twisted-pixel thread starter macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

It fixes the icons maybe but not the repeat reminders which is what I needed

10. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

ahh, so you can confirm that it does NOT work for the reminder portion of the app? exactly what i use it for only.

11. twisted-pixel thread starter macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

No, have a re-read. It does NOT fix the repeat reminders

12. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

ya, sorry, i was typing quickly and noticed my type there...i adjusted my post when i asked...

thanks