Reminder for Reminders App?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harpy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. harpy macrumors member

I was excited to see the Reminders app added into iOS5 but it hasn't really been that useful. The big problem is that there is no little number that shows up on the icon to nag you that you have stuff to get done. You can set the app to have notifications, but I've yet to see any rhyme or reason on when those show up. It basically doesn't nag me enough, which a little number icon would be the right amount of a reminder, but not so invasive to be annoying.

Is anyone finding the app useful? If so how are you implementing it into your life?

2. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

I simply use it as a lists app.

For when I need time-specific reminder, I use the Calendar app.

But I agree, the Reminders app has been a big FAIL from Apple. The location-aware reminders are a joke, not being able to use an specific point in the map, and having instead to insert an actual address.

Notifications only appear when you set them individually for each reminder. You can either put a "geo-location" reminder, or a time and date reminder. But there is no red dot reminder available for the app.

3. Mindy60 macrumors regular

Mindy60

Before this app, and even still, I use the calendar, a note for To Do's, and a note for shopping. Notes, notes, ... I really could live without the reminder app. Seemed like a nice feature when it was brand new.

4. Ainkor macrumors newbie

I still haven't found a use for the reminder app. I use notifyme, which is awesomely annoying.

Until there is a snooze option, the reminders are useless to me.

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

As currently constituted, it's useless. Goes on my 'useless' apps screen. RememberTheMilk nags me on my desktop, laptop, smartphone, and iPad. I cannot escape it.