Reminder: iPhone Case Program ends today (Sept 30th)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman Y2K, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Guess I will have to call in as I ordered my iPhone a couple of days ago but it is still in transit. Hopefully they will still honour it.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Actually, you need to purchase an iPhone by today to qualify. You have 30 days from purchase to order your case. The exception is if you purchased your phone before July 23rd. Then you had to order you case by August 22nd, which already passed.

Edit:
    Here is the link to back that up.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I wonder how they work out when you purchased the phone.

Obviously you have to activate it to use it, but if you bought it today and didn't activate it until tomorrow how would that work?

Or if you ordered it online today, it obviously wouldn't arrive until tomorrow at the earliest.

5. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

If you order it online, they start counting from the day it ships. If you buy it, they start counting from the day you bought it, not when you activate it.

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

How would the App know if you didn't buy the phone from Apple?

7. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Oh yea and don't forget all of the people that think tomorrow when Apple stores open there will be a brand new updated iPhone for sale. :rolleyes: Better go to bed early tonight!

8. ZombieKittenX macrumors newbie

ZombieKittenX

They will know when you bought it because stores are forced to register the serial number when the phone is bought, information that Apple will then automatically have access to. That is how I understand it.

Oh, and by the way: queued for a copy that was supposed to arrive 2 days ago. It arrived at the store today, but when I went to pay it and pick it up, the order could not be registered because of some error with their computer system. Thus I will have to wait until tomorrow to get it. When it is too late.

sigh

9. iKrl macrumors regular

I couldn't find one, too bad, no free case for my father (his contracted finished on the 11 th and I don't live in the us) :(

10. Menzo macrumors member

I wonder if the uneventful passing of the 1st Oct will shut up the people that earlier believed Apple would release a revised iPhone after 30th Sep/1st Oct.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You must be new around here, the people will never be satisfied.

12. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Just assuming that Apple does have a fix lined up, there's no reason to think that they'd hold a massive party to point out that fact.

If they're going to do a silent fix it would be just that - silent.

Models without the problem would slowly trickle onto the market (and given the way that the supply chain works, that could happen quickly in some places and much slower in others).

Personally, I don't think Apple can fix the problem with the current design.

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I honestly forgot people even were having issues. I have my day 1 phone caseless other then a monoprice screen protector on the front and back. No issues, not that I had to begin with. I dunno..

14. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Never used a case with any of my iPhone 4 models, with several carriers (Virgin Mobile, Bell, Rogers, and Fido), no dropped calls and lower reception loss than most phones (Xperia X10, HTC Magic, and Galaxy S all suffer worse in my experience) when death-gripped.

I choose the Griffin Etch Reveal and the Incase clear.

15. outphase macrumors 65816

I went into an Apple Store today and saw a ton of bumpers available of all colors. Thought it was funny how now the free bumper program was over all the non-black bumpers are suddenly available.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

[​IMG]