REMINDER: NO games Today (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by nlr, Jun 9, 2010.

1. nlr macrumors 6502

Just wanted to put out a friendly reminder that Valve doesn't intend to release games Today and instead will release games on this Thursday (tomorrow) due to them attending wwdc.

This post is my source of information.

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Any bets on how many Steam threads get started about no game releases today, because people will ignore this one? :p

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Put me down for 5 threads.

4. wilycoder macrumors 6502

So what games are getting released today? OP didnt specify which games are getting released today :confused:

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I'll be good and not post any threads, but reserve the right to limitless whining and class-action lawsuits ... :D

6. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

God damn it!! I'm off today and WAS looking forward to new games, but then reading this thread reminded me that yes, no games today!! lol.

7. nlr thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to clarify that NO Steam games are getting released today but tomorrow instead, I don't know what games exactly.

8. Queso macrumors G4

Ah well. I've still not finished the LucasArts classic adventure pack I downloaded last week. The Dig was pretty good. Made me all nostalgic and stuff :)

9. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Thanks for the heads up, had looked and seen one game called Jolly Rover and thought WTF

10. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Heh, I have such fond memories of Loom.

Not sure why, since the game kind of sucked, but that cassette tape that came with it? Awesome (to my 10 year old brain).

11. Flash SWT macrumors 6502

Flash SWT

Thanks for this thread. I just popped in while at work to see what had been released and of course, couldn't find any new games. Now I know why! :D

12. dacaliao macrumors newbie

Just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time, playing fairly over the last 2 weeks. Wow... what an amazing experience. I'm glad I bought the orange box so I can try out episodes 1 and 2! I did fire up bootcamp to see how it ran on win xp and was a little bummed to see double the frame rates with slightly higher settings, but i'm sure the driver support will only improve.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

14. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Yes TF2!!!

Too bad my account got HACKED today!!!

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Did you need any hint sites or walkthroughs to finish it ?

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Why would you? It's a very clear and easy to follow game. The difficulty comes from battles and concise puzzles, not finding where to go or to solve any complex and illogical puzzles.

17. Golem macrumors 6502

Meh I totally missed the valve that raised the water despite climbing around that room half a dozen times. I also spent a hour in 1 spot constructing this great pyramid of boxes and barrels only to find myself shrunk to about half a box high at the top because it refused to let me cross the fence, I did luck on to the underwater tunnel eventually on that particular puzzle.

18. dacaliao macrumors newbie

I did end up consulting a visual walkthrough intermittently. If I found myself taking more than 5mins or so to solve a puzzle, I would look up what to do. I just hate wasting time trying to figure it out sometimes hehe. You get like that when you have kids and time becomes premium. :cool:

I loved the story though, especially the chemistry between Gordon and Alyx. Can't wait to see how that plays out hehe.

19. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Same here, except I created a pyramid to get in the hole in the vent in the room next to the valve room.

20. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I had to look at a walkthrough a couple of times in the boat section, one where I had no health and wasn't sure where the jump was, so wanted to make sure as I only had one chance before I died, and another where you had to do a U-turn into a tunnel, with a chopper shooting you, as again I had no health and needed to know how to perfectly do it so that I didn't give them enough time to kill me

21. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

either way, i'm just happy that TF2 is coming out. I wonder when CSS is coming out!! Thats the one I want!!