Reminder not syncing with iCloud after a while

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by striders, Apr 5, 2015.

1. striders macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 6 Plus with 8.1.2 that syncs to iCloud (Calendar, Reminder, etc). Everything works great.

I recently got an iPad Mini 3 with 8.1.3. Set it up just like with my iPhone. However, Reminder often times does NOT sync with iCloud. Changes made to my Mac syncs to iCloud.com and the iPhone, but not the iPad.

I have to go to Settings -> iCloud -> my name and reenter my iCloud account password then it syncs. After a while, it stopped syncing again.

Anyone have this issue with the iPad or 8.1.3?

2. edenbensal macrumors regular

Try to open iCal app on the iPad and let it sync. It will sync reminders also.

3. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? I thought these two are separate apps. I.e. I can have Reminder synced to iCloud but not Calendar and vice versa. Same goes with my MacBook.

I just found out that a lot of people are actually having this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6596204?start=15&tstart=0

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

In settings - email, is your iCloud account set to push data?

5. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, it is. It's bizarre it only happened with 8.1.3. No issue with the 8.1.2 in my iPhone.

I just upgraded to 8.2 on the iPad Mini. So far no issue, but will keep monitoring.

6. xbpr macrumors member

Syncing reminders on my iPhone 6 is very sporadic. I have several lists and I've found that switching lists and back sometimes forces the sync, but it's not 100%. The calendar trick doesn't seem to work for me either.